A look at the Huawei P40 Lite
The Huawei P40 Lite is a smartphone that combines impressive features and affordable pricing. With its large display, powerful camera system, and sleek design, this device is a great choice for anyone looking for a top-performing smartphone that won’t break the bank.
Whether you’re a power user or just looking for a reliable and stylish device, the Huawei P40 Lite has something to offer for everyone. In this review, we will take a closer look at its key features, performance, and overall value, so you can make an informed decision about this smartphone.
Key specifications of the Huawei P40 Lite:
- Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
- CPU – Octa-core (2 x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 & 6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) Clock Speed
- Chipset – Huawei Kirin 810, 64-Bit Processor
- GPU – ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- Camera – Four 48 MP f/1.8 Wide + 8 MP f/2.4 Ultrawide + 2 MP f/2.4 Macro + 2 MP f/2.4 Depth Rear Camera | 16 MP f/2.0 Wide Front Camera
- Memory – RAM – 6GB LPDDR4x, 2133 MHz | ROM 128GB UFS 2.1 NM card Memory 256GB Support
- Display – Screen size 6.4-inches LTPS, IPS, LCD FHD+ Screen with (1080 x 2310 Pixels Resolution), HDR10 Display
- Battery – Non-Removable 4,200mAh Lithium-Polymer, 40W Fast Charging, 70% in 30 Minutes
- SIM – Dual SIM Card (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/NM Card Slot), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Fingerprint (Side-Mounted), Hall Sensor
- Colour – Black, Emerald Green, Light Pink/Blue
- Operating System – Android 10 with EMUI 10.1 No Google Play Services
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM, TF Card Slot, 2.0 Type-C USB Port, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions– 159.2 mm x 76.3 mm x 8.7 mm
- Weight – 183 Grams (with Battery)
- Version: Single 6GB/128GB
- More Features – Glass Front, Plastic Back, Plastic Frame, 4G, Support, HDR10, EMUI 10.1, 7nm Chip, 4 Rear Camera Setup, Wide, Ultrawide, Macro, Depth Sensor, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, UFS 2.1, Side-Mounted Fingerprint, USB Type-C, NFC, BT 5.1, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 40W Fast Charger, Dual-SIM.
Pros and cons of Huawei P40 Lite:
- Excellent camera
- Fast processor
- Loaded with features
- Gorgeous display
- Long-lasting battery
- No water resistance
- Lacks 4K recording and video stabilization
The Huawei P40 Lite smartphone has a modern and stylish design that features a sleek glass-metal body with rounded edges. The phone is slim and lightweight, making it easy to handle and carry around. The back panel is made of glass and is available in several colour options, including Space Gray, Silver and Gold.
On the back, the quad-camera setup is positioned in a rectangular module located in the top left corner. The Huawei logo is placed in the centre of the back panel. The fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side of the phone, providing easy and convenient access for unlocking the device.
On the front, the display has a punch-hole cutout for the front camera and minimal bezels that give the phone a sleek and modern look. The power and volume buttons are located on the phone’s right side and are easily accessible.
In summary, the design of the Huawei P40 Lite is modern and stylish, with a glass-metal body, slim profile, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. It has a well-balanced combination of form and function, making it both attractive and practical.
The display is a 6.4-inch Full HD+ LCD panel that provides vivid colours, deep blacks, and good brightness. The Huawei P40 Lite smartphone features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ display with 2310 x 1080 pixels resolution.
The display has an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel that offers good colour reproduction and wide viewing angles. It also has a punch-hole cutout on the top left corner that houses the front camera.
The display offers good color reproduction and viewing angles, making it suitable for a wide range of tasks such as watching videos, browsing the web, and playing games.
The Huawei P40 Lite smartphone has a quad-camera setup on the back that includes a 48-megapixel primary camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, it has a 16-megapixel selfie camera.
The primary camera can capture good-quality photos in well-lit conditions, with accurate colours and decent levels of detail. The ultra-wide-angle camera allows for wider shots and the macro camera is useful for capturing close-up photos. The depth sensor helps capture photos with a shallow depth of field and bokeh effect.
The selfie camera can capture good quality photos with good levels of detail and accurate colours. The camera app also has various shooting modes, such as Night mode and AI camera, which enhance the camera performance in low-light conditions and help to optimize the camera settings, respectively.
Overall, the camera performance of the Huawei P40 Lite is decent for its price range and should suffice for most everyday photography needs.
In terms of performance, the device is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 810 processor and comes with 6/8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This combination provides smooth and responsive performance for everyday tasks and light gaming.
The device has a large 4200mAh battery that provides decent battery life and supports fast charging.
In terms of settings, the Huawei P40 Lite allows for display customisation to suit individual preferences. It includes the ability to adjust the screen brightness, contrast, colour temperature, and screen resolution.
The phone also supports the Always-On Display feature, which displays the time, date, and notifications on the lock screen when the phone is not in use.
Also, the phone has several eye comfort modes, including an “Eye Comfort” mode that reduces blue light emissions and helps to reduce eye strain, especially when using the phone for long periods. A “Reading” mode also optimizes the display for reading by adjusting the colour temperature and reducing blue light.
In terms of safety features, the P40 Lite has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner for fast and secure unlocking. The device also runs on Huawei’s own operating system, EMUI, that is based on Android 10 and provides a smooth and user-friendly experience.
In conclusion, the Huawei P40 Lite is a well-rounded smartphone with a premium design, high-quality display, versatile camera system, and good performance. The device is an excellent choice for those looking for a mid-range smartphone that provides a good overall experience.